Safety Committee Meeting
Date: May 28, 2020
Time: 11:30 am
Location: Terrace B.C.
In Attendance: Gerald Pomerleau (Staff), Jeremy Vandenbroek (Union), Ramesh Parmar (Union) , Ravinder Sandhu (Staff) Shannon Lopushinsky (Clerical)
Minutes read from Feb 27th, 2020 Meeting. Motion to accept them as read: Jeremy
Called to Order:
Ravinder Sandhu at 11:33am
Review Accident Investigations.
- Dec 2 – need an incident investigation done for debris in eye. Gerald P
- Feb 3 – Worker’s left thumb was caught in chop saw. He was cutting metal, while holding the metal it got sucked in and left thumb was cut. – (Not Required but Safety Committee recommendation) In School not back April 9th.- Ravi S
Review all First Aid Visits.
- Upgrade New Guard Audit Book (Need to hire welders) on going. – Kane/Gerald/ Tim E.
- PLC or mechanical changes should be documented and given to Ravi for changes to the JSA. e. #2 Barker, WLC infeed to the Canter log deck, New Chain Saw, Sawmill Stacker, Planer Stacker, Planer Bander. Travis Porter to advise Ravi of these changes to be made to the JSA’s. Supervisors to discuss these changes with their crews. (Permanent Changes Only) For temporary changes Electricians should notify the Supervisors via email immediately. (Travis Porter to email Ravi information to get this done) – Gerald will speak with Travis Porter when he gets back in town.
- Accident Free yearly stickers – will be awarded for the years that an employee is accident free, going back to 2015. (No records before that) If the employee has the following; Medical Aids, Medical Treatments, Restricted work or Time Loss Accidents the clock gets reset to start over. Stickers will say Accident free for 1 year, 2 year – Ravi will look after this.
- Management agreed to set up Level 1 First Aid Course for Security Employees – Shannon to set up course schedule. ( Due to Covid-19 no courses).
- Hearing Tests – perhaps August, 2020
- Review Covid -19 Exposure Control Plan – Dated May 20, 2020 – Ravi to release next week.
- Safety Tour – May 29th – Planer, June 1st – Sawmill.
- Limit traffic during Saw Changes – getting signs “ Saw Change in Progress” – Kane.
- Material Handling – review in more detail next meeting. (pull resources if necessary)
- 48% of our incidents over current Fiscal Year involve material handling. 10% of them Maintenance and 38% are Production.
Next meeting will be June 25, 2020 at 7am.
Meeting Adjourned 2:00 pm@ PM