Safety Committee Meeting
Date: January 9, 2020
Time: 11:40 am
Location: Terrace B.C.
In Attendance: Kane Jardine (Staff), Ramesh Parmar (Union), Jeremy Vandenbroek Union , Dean Neufeld (Staff)
Minutes read from Nov 27, 2019 Meeting. Motion to accept them as read: Jeremy V.
Called to Order: Ramesh 11:35@am
Review Accident Investigations.
- Dec 27 – need an incident investigation done for Narinder Tut. ( Kane )
Review all First Aid Visits.
- New WHMIS 2015 Training – worksitesafety.ca – Planer is done. Sawmill – working through their people, Maintenance not complete.
- Upgrade New Guard Audit Book (Need to hire welders) on going. – Sept/19 – Kane/Gerald/ Tim E.
- Company Policy on re-orientation of employees who have never been through the process and repeat every 3 years. Monthly safety meeting review videos with crews, break up the process into 10 – 45 mins sessions. —Ravi/Dean/Frank/Vik/Dallas/Kane/Gerald – (use Lap Top with projector in Lunchrooms) – Location of Presentation S:/Safety/Young Workers/Safe work Frank2 – We have new Lap Top. – Starting Jan, 2020. Fields of vision will be 1st 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- PLC or mechanical changes should be documented and given to Ravi for changes to the JSA. e. #2 Barker, WLC infeed to the Canter log deck, New Chain Saw, Sawmill Stacker, Planer Stacker, Planer Bander. Travis Porter to advise Ravi of these changes to be made to the JSA’s. Supervisors to discuss these changes with their crews. (Permanent Changes Only) For temporary changes Electricians should notify the Supervisors via email immediately. (Travis Porter to email Ravi information to get this done)
- Bring a guest to next Safety Meeting. – Jan 30
- Accident Free yearly stickers – for employees who go one full Calendar year with no Medical Aids, Medical Treatments, or Time Loss Accidents. Stickers will say Accident free for 2018,2019 etc. – Jan 15, 2020
- Continue safety recognition discussion, Frank has set up safety game, will inform crews on Monday January 13,2020.
- Recommend that all security have a minimum level 1 first aid ticket. $120 per person.
- Material Handling – review in more detail next meeting. (pull resources if necessary)
- Employees to make sure that PPE is on hand at all times.
- Suggested new voice “guest speaker” for each tail gate safety meeting, not always the Supervisor.
- 49% of our incidents over current Fiscal Year involve material handling.
- Review of Twin Band Tailer JSA and training – focus group (Dean N, Daniel M, Joe A., Joe D. (m/w). & Nirmal S.)
- Determine safer operating practices.
- Develop a set of key work activities.
- Determine any mechanical issues with the equipment.
- Evaluate if training was involved at the times of injuries.
- Designated qualified trainer.
- Camera was installed for procedure review.
Next meeting will be Jan 30, 2020 at 11:30am.
Meeting Adjourned 3:15 pm@ PM
Email results to: firstname.lastname@example.org