Safety Committee Meeting
Date: February 27, 2020
Time: 7:15 am
Location: Terrace B.C.
In Attendance: Gerald Pomerleau (Staff), Cory Vandenbroek (Union), Jeremy Vandenbroek (Union) , Dean Neufeld (Staff) Shannon Lopushinsky (Clerical)
Minutes read from Jan 30th, 2019 Meeting. Motion to accept them as read: Dean
Called to Order:
Cory Vandenboek at 7:22am
Review Accident Investigations.
- Dec 2 – need an incident investigation done for debris in eye. Gerald P
- Feb 3 – Worker’s left thumb was caught in chop saw. He was cutting metal, while holding the metal it got sucked in and left thumb was cut. – Gerald (Not Required but Safety Committee recommendation) In School not back April 9th.
- Feb 6 – Performing shop work, lifting a cylinder and twisting into position, felt pain in his left lower back. – Gerald/Kane.
- Feb 24 – Employee experienced pain in the wrists (predominantly the right wrist, numbness and tingling in his right hand that started approximately 21 hours ago (1700hrs 2020FEB24). Employee stated that he has been moved from one job to another over the last 2 weeks and has not had sufficient time to adapt to the jobs (which include; strenuous gripping, jarring motions of the hands, and heavy hammer use in awkward positions.) – Gerald/Kane.
Review all First Aid Visits.
- Upgrade New Guard Audit Book (Need to hire welders) on going. – Kane/Gerald/ Tim E.
- PLC or mechanical changes should be documented and given to Ravi for changes to the JSA. e. #2 Barker, WLC infeed to the Canter log deck, New Chain Saw, Sawmill Stacker, Planer Stacker, Planer Bander. Travis Porter to advise Ravi of these changes to be made to the JSA’s. Supervisors to discuss these changes with their crews. (Permanent Changes Only) For temporary changes Electricians should notify the Supervisors via email immediately. (Travis Porter to email Ravi information to get this done) – Gerald will speak with Travis Porter when he gets back in town.
- Accident Free yearly stickers – will be awarded for the years that an employee is accident free, going back to 2015. (No records before that) If the employee has the following; Medical Aids, Medical Treatments, Restricted work or Time Loss Accidents the clock gets reset to start over. Stickers will say Accident free for 1 year, 2 year – Ravi will look after this.
- Management agreed to set up Level 1 First Aid Course for Security Employees – Shannon to set up course schedule.
- Reviewed Safe Practices for good Hygiene practices. e. Coronavirus – Use of Purell when entering all offices. (All open candy bowls should be removed from offices.)
- Reviewed Interfor Fatality – maintenance to check landing tables when mill is not operational.
- Weekly Tool Box meetings – arrange for W/E Maint (Kane), Afternoon shift Maint (Kane), Dayshift Maint – (Gerald), Graveyard shift Maint – (Gerald)
- Hearing Tests next week – Mar 4th ( 10am – 3:30 pm) ( 4pm – 9:00pm)
- Mar 5th ( 11:30 am – 3:30pm) (3:45pm – 5:30pm)
- Mar 6th (5am – 6:30am) ( 7am – 9am)
- Next Monthly Video will be on Lock outs – week of March 10th
- Material Handling – review in more detail next meeting. (pull resources if necessary)
- 48% of our incidents over current Fiscal Year involve material handling. 10% of them Maintenance and 38% are Production.
Next meeting will be Mar 26, 2020 at 7am.
Meeting Adjourned 3:30 pm@ PM
Email results to: email@example.com