Date: Aug 27, 2020
Time: 12:00 pm
Location: Terrace B.C.
In Attendance: Cory Vandenbroek (Union), Jeremy Vandenbroek (Union), Dean Neufeld (staff), Gerald Pomerleau (Staff), Ravinder Sandhu (Staff), Ramesh Parmar (Union), Teri Mandur (staff), Raju Gill (Clerical)
Minutes read from July 30th, 2020 Meeting.
Motion to accept them as read:
Called to Order: Ravinder Sandhu at 12:00pm
Review Accident Investigations:
Review all First Aid Visits.
- Noted some workers with more than 2 visits to first aid, Supervisors to discuss possible safer ways of doing things.
- Material Handling incidents are at 54% with 39% of them Production workers and 15% of them Maintenance workers.
- Post bulletin at every location on Covid 19 Symptoms and remind workers and contractors not to enter this workplace if they have any symptoms, and to call Health Link BC at 811.
- Teri Mandur is sanitizing First Aid Rooms between patients (Monday – Friday 6:30am – 3:30pm) her company cell phone is 250-641-4988. If sanitization is necessary during evenings and weekends, please use first aid attendant on site.
- The Safety Committee is recommending for everyone to wear disposable gloves as added protection. (Not mandatory but suggesting because people touch their faces less often with gloves on and hand sanitizer on top the disposable gloves will not cause hands to dry out.)
- Everyone to wear their masks at all times on site (unless 2 meters or more away from fellow workers.)
- Reviewed all other Covid 19 Bulletins from Worksafe BC – they are saved on the S Drive under Safety Committee Meetings – Separate Folder “Covid Postings”. Supervisors can discuss with their teams during Tool Box Talks.
- Discussed Lionel’s Face Mask Memo because of the recent cases of COVID-19. Safety committee recommends keeping the face mask policy as is.
- Need to repair our old truck to control the dust in the yard.
- We should contact Greg regarding the pallet plant transport truck over filling truck and spilling bark shavings saw dust en route to pallet plant.
- Sweepers as backup plan in certain areas.
- Look at filling potholes in the yard.
- Next safety inspection Sep 22nd Sawmill conducted by Gerald, Jeremy & Teri, Planer by Teri & Ramesh.
- Safety Suggestion box.
- Pike holders.
- Secure the shaving pipes to the bins and remove wooden stuff.
- Paint cross walks, stop signs for three way crossing (Gerald & Vik).
- Audio, camaras & motion sensors (Travis Porter).
- Currently our focus guarding upgrade – Kane/Gerald/ Mike L.
- Safety locks audit.
- Fall protection training course online for all trades and key production guys.
- Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
Next meeting will be Sep 24, 2020 at 11:30 am.
Meeting Adjourned: 3:10 pm
Email results to: firstname.lastname@example.org