Skeena currently has the following openings:
Skeena Sawmills requires an Accountant in our Terrace office. This is a salaried position.
Responsibilities include will not be limited to:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements reporting package, inventory monitoring, and KPI analytics
- Analysis of revenues and operating expenses
- GL account reconciliations
- Daily and weekly management reports
- Yearly budget
- Annual audit
- Statistics Canada reporting Qualifications
- completion or enrollment in the final level of the CPA program
- knowledge of GAAP as it applies to forest industry
- good problem-solving and analysis skills
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- competency with Microsoft office suite of products
- working knowledge of Sage accounting software would be an asset
- proven ability to work in a team environment
- forest industry considered an asset
This role is a key contributor to the accounting and finance team, and reports directly to the Controller.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a yearly RRSP payment as a percentage of salary.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the above requirements.
We thank you for your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Specific responsibilities of the position:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum 5 years as a Red Seal Journeyman
- Sawmill Experience an Asset
We offer competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Certified Circular Saw Filer
Skeena Sawmills is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us.
- Processing round saws up to and including Cut Off Saws (e.g. repairing, tensioning, leveling, tipping, sharpening)
- Servicing of saws, guides, and chipping knives
- Maintenance of work place and saw filing safety
- Preventative maintenance processes related to saw shop and sawmill machinery
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Terrace is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. The town’s surrounding wilderness and beauty is everywhere you look and easily accessible. Sitting along the mighty Skeena River amidst gorgeous green forests, rugged mountains and cliffs, Terrace (population: 11,320) is the perfect central base for all outdoor pursuits.
Skeena Sawmills Ltd. offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package. If you have the above characteristics and desire to work as part of our team, please submit your resume to:
Skeena Sawmills Ltd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank you for your interest. However, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.