Skeena currently has the following openings:
Job Opportunities in Terrace, BC
We are looking to fill the following positions in our Mill.
3 – Millwrights – Red Sealed Journeyman
2 – Welders – Red Sealed Journeyman
1 – Heavy Duty Mechanic Red Sealed Journeyman
1 – Saw Filer – Red Sealed Journeyman
Sawmill and Planer Operators
We offer competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall Maintenance and Safety of our operation. As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will report to the General Manager/ Production Superintendent and apply your knowledge of processes/equipment to facilitate smooth operation of the Sawmill and Planer. You will also be responsible to make sure the scheduling and supervision of major equipment repairs, overhauls and rebuilding is fully operational and safe to operate and within schedule requirements.
- Supervise maintenance personnel, and handle budget planning as it relates to the overall maintenance of the property.
- Handle budgeting, inventory, supply and safety management.
- Ensure all repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Oversee purchasing and vendor relations
- Facilitate and promote a safe and positive working environment for all employees
- Provide leadership in safe work performance and quality workmanship
- Work with the Supervisor’s on maintaining effective cost control programs
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions. Ensure property is clean and presentable.
- Coach, train and support team members to attain optimum results
- Ensure Health & Safety and proper environmental practices are followed
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance management experience in a production facility.
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others, and who adopts a ‘hands-on’ approach to leading and motivating a team;
- Exceptional safe working habits and good working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Minimum five years journeyperson trade qualification
- Computer skills, solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a unionized/manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Terrace is a hub city nested between Smithers, Prince Rupert & Kitimat we have endless outdoor adventure and beautiful scenery all around us. You might take advantage of activities such as skiing (downhill/backcountry/cross-country), snowmobiling, boating, camping, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, ATV-ing, and world renowned salmon and steelhead fishing.
- Population is approximately 13,000.
How to Apply:
The anticipated start date for this position is immediate, so please refresh your resume, and email to email@example.com
Skeena Sawmills Ltd. offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package. If you have the above characteristics and desire to work as part of our team, please submit your resume to:
Skeena Sawmills Ltd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank you for your interest. However, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.