Skeena currently has the following openings:
Specific responsibilities of the position:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum 5 years as a Red Seal Journeyman
- Sawmill Experience an Asset
We offer competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Saw Filer/Benchman
Skeena Sawmills is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us.
- Benching round saws and band saws (e.g. repairing, tensioning, leveling, tipping, sharpening)
- Servicing of saws, guides, and chipping knives
- Maintenance of work place and saw filing safety
- Preventative maintenance processes related to saw shop and sawmill machinery
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Terrace is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. The town’s surrounding wilderness and beauty is everywhere you look and easily accessible. Sitting along the mighty Skeena River amidst gorgeous green forests, rugged mountains and cliffs, Terrace (population: 11,320) is the perfect central base for all outdoor pursuits.
Skeena Sawmills Ltd. offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package. If you have the above characteristics and desire to work as part of our team, please submit your resume to:
Skeena Sawmills Ltd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank you for your interest. However, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.