Specific responsibilities of the position:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum 5 years as a Red Seal Journeyman
- Sawmill Experience an Asset
We offer competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Quality Control is an integral position within the staff at Skeena Sawmills. Working closely with the site manager, shift supervisors, sales team and customers, Quality Control is responsible for delivering a consistent and cost effective product. They are responsible for producing operational results that support Skeena Sawmills safety and financial goals. This position provides excellent growth potential and opportunities for advancement.
- Quality Control will be assisting with and/or handling all aspects of Skeena Sawmills Quality Control Program
- Performing daily size checks at all machine centers
- Performing wood chips sample tests
- Communicate with and direct maintenance groups
- Working with lumber graders to improve out turns
- Provide leadership and direction to improve safety, reduce operational costs, enhance product value, and maximize margins
- Communicate and train hourly employees on manufacturing quality objectives
- Provide relief supervision as required
- Post-secondary degree Wood Products Processing or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in Lumber Manufacturing or related industry considered an asset
- Previous experience or exposure to Quality Control considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team and with no supervision
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers
How to Apply:
The anticipated start date for this position is immediate, so please refresh your resume, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Saw Filer/Benchman
Skeena Sawmills is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us.
- Benching round saws and band saws (e.g. repairing, tensioning, leveling, tipping, sharpening)
- Servicing of saws, guides, and chipping knives
- Maintenance of work place and saw filing safety
- Preventative maintenance processes related to saw shop and sawmill machinery
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Terrace is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. The town’s surrounding wilderness and beauty is everywhere you look and easily accessible. Sitting along the mighty Skeena River amidst gorgeous green forests, rugged mountains and cliffs, Terrace (population: 11,320) is the perfect central base for all outdoor pursuits.
Skeena Sawmills Ltd. offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package. If you have the above characteristics and desire to work as part of our team, please submit your resume to:
Skeena Sawmills Ltd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank you for your interest. However, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.